Customize What Appears in New Finder Windows with This Tip
When you’re in the Finder, choosing File > New Finder Window does, as you’d expect, open a new Finder window. But what folder appears in that window? By default, new Finder windows open to Recents, which is a built-in smart folder showing recently opened documents. If you’d prefer to see items in a fixed location on your drive, go to Finder > Preferences > General and choose any location from the New Finder Windows Show pop-up menu. We’re partial to Desktop or Documents, but you can choose whatever folder makes sense with your workflow.
(Featured image by Snapwire from Pexels)
If that was helpful, we think these are too.
- Tips for Setting Up a Comfortable and Effective Home Work Space
- Six Tips for Writing Better Email
- Here’s How to Set a Default Printer on your Mac
- Troubleshooting Steps for When Your Mac Won’t Print
- How to Ask for Tech Support So You Get Good Answers Quickly
- iOS 12 Supports Password Managers for Faster Password Filling