Stop the Freakin Google Calendar Spam
We’re getting loads of gmail users that are seeing fake events show up on their calendars saying they’ve won a feee iPhone or some other useless BS.
You know its a scam – you just want it to go away.
To keep those events from showing up on your google calendar follow these simple steps.
Disable the “automatically add invite” function:
Go to Google Calendar on your computer
Click the cog in the upper right, then hit settings
On the list on the left, click “Event settings”
Look for the “Automatically add invitations” option. Change this to “No, only show invitations to which I have responded”
–Hat Tip to the many users that reported this issue this week. And special thanks to the Security Researcher Bryan Krebs for the fix.
Here are some more quick tips you can use…
- Find Wasted Space with Storage Management
- Forrester Research and IBM Studies Show Macs Are Cheaper than PCs
- How to Ask for Tech Support So You Get Good Answers Quickly
- Being an Apple User Means You’re Not the Product
- Apple Business Manager Is a Win for Apple-Driven Workplaces